Friday, April 11, 2014

13 hours..

Yesterday I left my house at 7 in the morning to drive to 29 palms & was home at 11. I went by myself through all the busy free ways, stopped in west Hollywood & a few other places.. It felt good to get away from what I'm use to & see every day. I learned a lot on this trip & one thing that it's really taught me is that you really don't know anything besides your perception on life. I'm use to a quiet town & when I was in downtown Hollywood I just realized that these are people's daily lives. Someone wakes up every day there, goes to school every day there, comes home every day there & it dawned on me that there really is no way to understand someone else's life because you're really only living yours. You think everyone can relate to eachother? That's not always true. I basically was out of my car for about 2 hours or so out of the whole day & that was in 29 palms. I tripped out on how many tattoo shops & haircut places were there. Also, how everyone there is in the military. Literally like everyone. & it's not really their choice.. They go where they're stationed & bring their whole family with them so they have to start all over again. It must be hard. I'm still trying to figure what else I've learned from taking an adventure like that on my own but I know it's taught me a valuable lesson & those are what I live for.  

No comments:

Post a Comment